Work injuries may qualify for the L&I benefits, also known as worker's compensation if you:
- Were injured on the job
- Were injured or became sick as a result of your job
- Were injured or became sick while traveling for work
Note that you cannot receive L&I if you were intoxicated or on drugs when you have sustained your work injuries or if your illness is a result of poor lifestyle choices. Contact us at our Arlington clinic or Marysville clinic, Symmetria Integrative Medical is here to help.
What types of benefits can I get from L&I?
If you were injured on the job, L&I can offer you potential benefits, including:
- Wage replacement
- Prescription medication payment
- Travel reimbursement (for visits to the doctor)
- Damaged or lost property reimbursement
- Pensions for permanent total disability
- Pensions for permanent partial disability
- Medical bill coverage
In addition, based on the outcome of your claim, you may qualify for some, all, or none of these benefits.
How do I get L&I?
To receive your L&I benefits, you need to visit a qualified health care provider, such as Symmetria Integrative Medical, for an examination. During your L&I compensation exam, the team asks you questions about:
- The nature of your symptoms
- The timeline of your symptoms
- How you became injured or how your illness started
- Any preexisting conditions you have
- The way that your current illness or injury prevents you from working
- How your everyday life has been affected by your symptoms
Next, the team performs a physical examination to visually assess how you've been injured or the extent of your illness. After your examination, if they determine that your injuries merit L&I, they will:
- Certify that your injury is work-related
- Decide when you can return to work
- Help you complete and file a claim
- Recommend further treatment
If your employer is self-employed, you and your doctor must also fill out a Provider's Initial Report (PIR) form.
If you've sustained a work injury or a work-related illness, don't wait to file your claim for benefits. To get started, schedule an exam at Symmetria Integrative Medical over the phone today.